Christian Book set in 1800's.

Christian Book set in 1800's.
I painted Judith in the prairie winds of Texas.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Painted and Thought.....

I Painted and Thought…..
I had some time to reflect as I painted a mural in a restaurant this week. The scene was a pair of mallard ducks, gently landing in a marsh filled with cattails. How peaceful. The anniversary of 9/11 has given us a refresher course lately. I was reminded again of the scene that played on my computer screen in 2001 during the weeks following the terrorist attack on our nation. Day after day we saw people jumping. The figure of a man falling still haunts me, his back facing the concrete, legs and arms reaching upward as he plummeted to earth. I’ll never forget that he wore a white shirt and dark pants. I found myself looking for him during all the replay of the past week.
Our leaders and our president should have to watch this scene every day before they make decisions regarding terrorists countries. The terrorists are twisted in their thinking, and they can’t be dealt with as normal human beings. Frantic that we won’t always be politically correct, the good old USA allowed them to learn to fly over here. They build mosques, and we’re not allowed to carry a bible in some countries. Our leaders have allowed God to be taken out of the class room, and one person who is an atheist can file a lawsuit and our leaders cave. I wonder how much longer God will put up with this? Make no mistake about it, He is in control. The things we witnessed on 9/11, as horrible as they were, are just a minute drop in the bucket to what it will be like at the end of time. Some of those victims died unprepared for eternity.
The bible tells us what we must do to be saved. I belong to the Church of Christ, the church Jesus died to establish. I plan to blog about this, hopefully every week. I will quote chapter and verse. If you argue with the bible, then this study is not for you. God Bless! See you in a few days.
Yours in Christ,
Frances Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment